Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams
16:9 version , EE master , uncaptioned
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Evening at Pops
- Vanessa Williams
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
In this star-powered episode, EVENING AT POPS welcomes the incomparable Grammy Award-winning Vanessa Williams, conductor Keith Lockhart's guest for a tribute to landmark black Broadway musicals and their performers. Known for her award-winning pop songs, Vanessa has also starred in several Broadway musicals including Kiss of the Spider Woman and Into the Woods. The Boston Pops Orchestra accompanies Vanessa for a tribute to black musicals featuring "Beat Out Da Rhythm On A Drum" from Carmen Jones; "Taking A Chance On Love" from Cabin in the Sky; "Come Rain Or Come Shine" from St. Louis Woman; and more. As special encores, Vanessa delights the audience with her hits "Colors Of The Wind" and "Save the Best for Last."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams,” GBH Archives, accessed December 6, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B443456077644F1A859FBE96FCED01F0.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams.” GBH Archives. Web. December 6, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B443456077644F1A859FBE96FCED01F0>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B443456077644F1A859FBE96FCED01F0