Evening at Pops; Ray Charles
Encore ( repeat ) showing?
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evening at Pops
- Ray Charles
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
It’s a man and his soul, Ray Charles with John Williams and the Boston Pops. Among the soulful tunes: “Georgia On My Mind,” “Set Me Free,” and “Talkin’ With Brother Ray.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Ray Charles,” 07/15/1981, GBH Archives, accessed December 5, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_810EBFC354144EA4BAD05DF6EEB07B25.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Ray Charles.” 07/15/1981. GBH Archives. Web. December 5, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_810EBFC354144EA4BAD05DF6EEB07B25>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Ray Charles. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_810EBFC354144EA4BAD05DF6EEB07B25