Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks
Vioxx recall / presidential debate preview / sharks
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Greater Boston
- Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks
- Series Description
HUB CITY AT ITS BEST. A LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY INTERESTING IN BOSTON. HOSTED BY EMILY ROONEY. Series release date: 1/1997
- Program Description
1) Popular arthritis drug Vioxx recalled by Merck because of link to heart attack and stroke risk. Some patients can switch to Celebrex, others to simpler anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen if there is no underlying G-I condition. 2) Will the presidential candidates use the podium in the first debate to prosecute each other or state their own positions? Bush must not dwell on Kerry as flip-flopper. Kerry must be less tedious, more likable, and tough on Iraq. 3) Jaws author Peter Benchley talks about female great white shark roaming off Woods Hole; and generally about sharks' feeding and predatory behavior. He is lobbying for marine protected areas. His papers and family memorabilia are on display at BU.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Local Communities
- Chicago: “Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks,” 09/30/2004, GBH Archives, accessed December 1, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D6F5A2F11294DA6AA399FD3BC7C001B.
- MLA: “Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks.” 09/30/2004. GBH Archives. Web. December 1, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D6F5A2F11294DA6AA399FD3BC7C001B>.
- APA: Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D6F5A2F11294DA6AA399FD3BC7C001B