Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text
Connecting Skills to Text: Charmon Evans, First Grade Closed Captioned Master Ch.1 Full Mono Mix Ch.2 Full Mono Mix Ch.3 Sync & Music Ch.4 Sync
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Connecting Skills to Text
- Program Number
- Series Description
Educational productions. Series release date: 2002
- Program Description
Learning to read in Charmon Evans's first-grade classroom in Port Hueneme, California is skills-oriented and fun. Students interact with a talking puppet or are contestants in the Word Wall Game Show. Ms. Evans balances skill development—phonemic awareness, phonics, and sight word identification—with authentic reading and writing tasks to encourage a love of learning. Students revisit poetry charts, read decodable texts in guided reading groups, and write in their journals about a challenging, read-aloud chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text,” 05/13/2002, GBH Archives, accessed November 29, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F150D123C9C424EB5C1896E3EDB656E.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text.” 05/13/2002. GBH Archives. Web. November 29, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F150D123C9C424EB5C1896E3EDB656E>.
- APA: Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F150D123C9C424EB5C1896E3EDB656E