Peep And The Big Wide World; Birds of a Feather; Incredible Shrinking Duck, The
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Birds of a Feather; Incredible Shrinking Duck, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 218 BIRDS OF A FEATHER PEEP DISCOVERS A BEAUTIFUL FEATHER, THEN SETS OUT TO FIND ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER.
INTERSTITIAL: SOME CLOTH IS FUZZY, SOME IS SCRATCHY. FEATHERS ARE VERY SOFT, AND SEQUINS ARE LIKE LITTLE CDS. THE KIDS ARE PLAYING DRESS UP AND NOTICING ALL THE DIFFERENT TEXTURES OF THE OLD CLOTHES THEY FOUND. "TRY LOOKING AT CLOTHES VERY CLOSELY TO SEE HOW THEY LOOK AND FEEL."
THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING DUCK QUACK BUILDS A SNOW MONUMENT TO HIMSELF, BUT IS HORRIFIED TO DISCOVER THAT SNOW—AND FAME—DON’T LAST.
INTERSTITIAL: FROM ICE, TO WATER, TO …..? THE KIDS FIND THAT THEY CAN "PAINT" ON THE SIDEWALK USING THE WATER MADE BY MELTING ICE. BUT THEIR PAINTINGS DISAPPEAR IN THE HOT SUN. "TRY PLAYING WITH WATER AND ICE AND SEE HOW THEY CHANGE OVER TIME."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Birds of a Feather; Incredible Shrinking Duck, The,” 08/01/2011, GBH Archives, accessed January 22, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67E0DCD77ADD4E6FA24CBCB55FCC5047.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Birds of a Feather; Incredible Shrinking Duck, The.” 08/01/2011. GBH Archives. Web. January 22, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67E0DCD77ADD4E6FA24CBCB55FCC5047>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Birds of a Feather; Incredible Shrinking Duck, The. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67E0DCD77ADD4E6FA24CBCB55FCC5047