Ten O'Clock News; Bromley Heath public housing
Meg Vaillancourt reports that the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) has undertaken extensive renovations and repairs on the Mission Extension Housing Project and the Bromley Heath Housing Project. Mayor Ray Flynn and City Councilor Bruce Bolling attend a groundbreaking for the construction projects. Five buildings in the Mission Hill Housing Project have lain empty for a year, and the tenants have be relocated. Interview with Doris Bunte of the BRA., who talks about the need to renovate the buildings. Bunte notes that there is a waiting list for public housing. Interview with public housing tenants Lance Ross, Anna Cole, Matilda Drayton, and Shirleen Steed about the conditions at the project and about the renovations. Following the edited story is additional b-roll footage of the housing projects.
- Ten O'Clock News
Bromley Heath public housing
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
- Public housing
- Flynn, Raymond L.
- City planning
- Mission Hill (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Bromley Heath public housing,” 09/15/1987, GBH Archives, accessed January 26, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_62C2E95DE3394BD2B4F2D00E90B62AC1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Bromley Heath public housing.” 09/15/1987. GBH Archives. Web. January 26, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_62C2E95DE3394BD2B4F2D00E90B62AC1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Bromley Heath public housing. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_62C2E95DE3394BD2B4F2D00E90B62AC1