Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: Twilight of the Gods
Inspector Morse Series IX Twilight of the Gods Episode 1 REPACK
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Inspector Morse, Series IX: Twilight of the Gods
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast Feb. 15 and 22, 1996
A millionaire businessman, Andrew Baydon (Robert Hardy), donates a new college building to Oxford. There's one small problem, however -- the building will be a modern version of a Rajput Palace. During the opening celebrations, Morse and Lewis make inquiries into the murder of a freelance journalist who was working on an article about Baydon. As the two detectives wait for Baydon's celebratory procession to end, a shot rings out and one of the guests falls to the ground. Sir John Gielgud stars as university chancellor Lord Hinksey, Jean Anderson as Lady Dora Hinksey and Sheila Gish as opera singer Gwladys Probert.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: Twilight of the Gods,” 03/19/1998, GBH Archives, accessed December 4, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3B4104EC4C544A408581896909303597.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: Twilight of the Gods.” 03/19/1998. GBH Archives. Web. December 4, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3B4104EC4C544A408581896909303597>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: Twilight of the Gods. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3B4104EC4C544A408581896909303597