Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Fast Cars, Slow Food
Todd English travels to Italy and learns about slow food. Features Carlos Petrini founder of the slow food movement. SD Base Revision 001
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Italy: Fast Cars, Slow Food
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 EVEN THE HEAD-TURNING SPEED OF A SLEEK FERRARI CAN’T KEEP TODD ENGLISH FROM SLOWING DOWN LONG ENOUGH TO CHAT WITH THE FOUNDER OF ITALY’S SLOW FOOD MOVEMENT, CARLO PETRINI. LONG A SUPPORTER OF COOKING AND EATING SIMPLE, HONEST, REGIONAL FOODS IN A DESIRE TO CONNECT THE EARTH WITH THE TABLE,TODD EXPLORES HOW THIS CONCEPT IS APPLIED IN THE PRODUCTION OF LOCAL PRODUCTS LIKE CULATELLO- A RARE, PRIZED CURED MEAT- HANDMADE PASTA, AND ARTISANAL CHEESE. AFTER A QUICK STOP AT A CAFE IN BOLOGNA FOR A DOLCE AND ESPRESSO, TODD RETURNS TO THE KITCHEN OF HIS RESTAURANT TUSCANY AT MOHEGAN SUN TO CREATE A DISH INSPIRED BY BELLA ITALIA.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Fast Cars, Slow Food,” GBH Archives, accessed December 3, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_39749B823CEB4450B91DF8A5CB55A8F0.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Fast Cars, Slow Food.” GBH Archives. Web. December 3, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_39749B823CEB4450B91DF8A5CB55A8F0>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Fast Cars, Slow Food. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_39749B823CEB4450B91DF8A5CB55A8F0