Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering
Rough Cut Ep 307 Carved Frame
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Carved Frame Everyone has a family heirloom or photograph that needs a special display and on today’s episode of Rough Cut, Tommy builds a beautiful Mahogany Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering. For inspiration, he heads down to Newport’s historic seaport to visit one of the world’s most famous sailing vessels The Coronet. And back at the shop, his good friend and master woodcarver, Sten Havumaki, will join him to offer up some letter carving tips.
Resources: Jointer Table Saw Miter Fence Handplane Carving Chisels
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering,” 09/24/2012, GBH Archives, accessed September 21, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38DEA7022EAF4CAEA0E34D4611B219D3.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering.” 09/24/2012. GBH Archives. Web. September 21, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38DEA7022EAF4CAEA0E34D4611B219D3>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38DEA7022EAF4CAEA0E34D4611B219D3