Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Fetches the Fetchers
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Ruff Fetches the Fetchers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Five is about to start but Ruff has been so busy trying to find his long-lost parents, he’s forgotten to choose his Season 5 FETCHers! In this casting special, viewers get a behind-the-scenes look at how Ruff goes about picking his contestants. Unfortunately, shortly after selecting his intrepid kids, Ruff loses them on the way to Studio G!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Fetches the Fetchers,” GBH Archives, accessed December 10, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37BDB54A29D646738A0CBD2659169F4C.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Fetches the Fetchers.” GBH Archives. Web. December 10, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37BDB54A29D646738A0CBD2659169F4C>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Fetches the Fetchers. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37BDB54A29D646738A0CBD2659169F4C