Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Phoenix, AZ
1622 Vintage Phoenix EE Master - Texted, Mixed, No CC First Air Date: 6/18/12
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Antiques Roadshow
- Vintage Phoenix, AZ
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s first visit to Phoenix was in 1997, when Arizona’s biggest story was a UFO sighting dubbed the “Phoenix Lights.” Flash forward 15 years for these believe-it-or-not ROADSHOW moments: “Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus,” the original 1897 letter to the New York Sun, was appraised at $20,000 to $30,000 and gets a nice current value of $30,000 to $50,000; on the other hand, a circa 1890 mechanical bank, then worth $3,700, gets a lump of coal and a current value of $1,000 to $1,500.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Phoenix, AZ,” 06/18/2012, GBH Archives, accessed January 27, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3299BC0C5AC344A0861A21F44F9C5739.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Phoenix, AZ.” 06/18/2012. GBH Archives. Web. January 27, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3299BC0C5AC344A0861A21F44F9C5739>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Phoenix, AZ. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3299BC0C5AC344A0861A21F44F9C5739