Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self
Reel 1 of 2
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
An Englishwoman is attending an expensive psychotherapy course near Vicenza, Italy, when she dies in what the Italian authorities deem a freak accident. But at the British inquest, the woman's husband questions the decision. To the delight of Morse -- and the dismay of Lewis -- the two detectives are sent to Italy to make inquiries. It looks like a lengthy stay when Morse finds out the psychotherapy center is run by an old adversary.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self,” GBH Archives, accessed December 10, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_315B3DA5B7394073AAD53083BB726D60.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self.” GBH Archives. Web. December 10, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_315B3DA5B7394073AAD53083BB726D60>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_315B3DA5B7394073AAD53083BB726D60