Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Blue Ginger Chefs
Simply Ming Blue Ginger Chefs
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Blue Ginger Chefs
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
924: BLUE GINGER CHEFS Guest Chefs: Jonathan Taylor (Executive Chef); Tom Woods (Chef de Cuisine); Michelle Fadden (Pastry Chef)
On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming takes us behind-the-scenes to meet his James Beard Award-Winning Blue Ginger Team. Putting his own chefs to the challenge with surprise ingredients and a visit to his studio pantry, Ming and company cook up three separate dishes fit for a king.
Recipes Tom Woods' Clam Chowder with Thai Flavors Michele Fadden's Warm 5-Spice Apple Turnover with Cranberry-Ginger Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Blue Ginger Chefs,” 01/12/2012, GBH Archives, accessed September 29, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_21B64E277F1E400A8F442FCBDF009A35.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Blue Ginger Chefs.” 01/12/2012. GBH Archives. Web. September 29, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_21B64E277F1E400A8F442FCBDF009A35>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Blue Ginger Chefs. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_21B64E277F1E400A8F442FCBDF009A35