Martha Speaks; Patrol Dog Martha; Crooning Crook Caper, The
MSPE 312 PBS
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Martha Speaks
- Patrol Dog Martha; Crooning Crook Caper, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Patrol Dog Martha Raye Lankford Martha wishes she could help solve crimes like Rascal the police dog, and she’s in luck! Officer O’Reilly lets Martha fill in while Rascal is away. Out patrolling, Martha smells a rat. Can she convince them that there’s something rotten in the rutabaga? Vocabulary (E) patrol, citation, smuggle, secur(e)(ity) (I) officer, police, freeze, beat, cop
The Crooning Crook Caper Peter K. Hirsch Helen wishes she could be a kid detective just like her favorite book character, Curious Crystal. When Helen and Martha find a business card for “The Whistler” with “You’ve been warned” written on the back, they think their career as super sleuths has begun. Vocabulary (E) caper, detective, camouflage, pursu(e)(it), stakeout (I) footprint, monocle, criminal, notebook, handwriting
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Patrol Dog Martha; Crooning Crook Caper, The,” GBH Archives, accessed February 28, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0C2A1B2542BF4C93B58C61830663DFE2.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Patrol Dog Martha; Crooning Crook Caper, The.” GBH Archives. Web. February 28, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0C2A1B2542BF4C93B58C61830663DFE2>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Patrol Dog Martha; Crooning Crook Caper, The. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0C2A1B2542BF4C93B58C61830663DFE2