Arthur; Big Brother Binky, Part I and II
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Big Brother Binky, Part I and II
- Program Number
1110; 142A; 145A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 Big Brother Binky, Part I 142A; Part II 145A In this special two-part episode, Binky's family adopts a baby girl from China. Binky receives the news of getting a baby sister with great excitement, and he delights in helping prepare for her arrival and visiting China. Although at times Binky worries about how his life will change, and more importantly, whether his new sister will even like him! - Binky becomes the proudest big brother in Elwood City.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Big Brother Binky, Part I and II,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FFBB0179370D45A686E351890AA65242.
- MLA: “Arthur; Big Brother Binky, Part I and II.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FFBB0179370D45A686E351890AA65242>.
- APA: Arthur; Big Brother Binky, Part I and II. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FFBB0179370D45A686E351890AA65242