Ten O'Clock News; Harvard Square and rapid transit
Harvard Square environs. Rapid Transit sign over Harvard Square kiosk. Out of Town Tickets. People step off narrow escalator ascending from subway station. T sign, subway system map with “You Are Here,” bus routes map sign. People go downstairs to red line station. Harvard Trust Company sign, Harvard Coop, Nini's Corner. Electric bus with overhead cables. Abandoned red line trolleys parked in MBTA lot behind Harvard Square.
- Ten O'Clock News
Harvard Square and rapid transit
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Harvard Square (Cambridge, Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Harvard Square and rapid transit,” 02/22/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FF08A24BCEA04AEF9D314C6A18DC3CCD.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Harvard Square and rapid transit.” 02/22/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FF08A24BCEA04AEF9D314C6A18DC3CCD>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Harvard Square and rapid transit. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FF08A24BCEA04AEF9D314C6A18DC3CCD