Peep And The Big Wide World; Disappearing Drink, The; Door Tour
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Disappearing Drink, The; Door Tour
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 43 43A THE DISAPPEARING DRINK WRITTEN BY: PETER K. HIRSCH SOMEONE IS STEALING CHIRP’S WATER! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A SNEAKY THING!? (BESIDES QUACK, I MEAN.) SCIENCE: WATER INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS PAINT ON THE SIDEWALK WITH A MIXTURE OF CHALK AND WATER, THEN WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEIR PAINTINGS DRY. “TRY PAINTING WITH WATER AND SEE HOW THE WATER DISAPPEARS.”
43B DOOR TOUR WRITTEN BY: GENTRY MENZEL PEEP’S CAN WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT IF IT ONLY HAD A DOOR. A NICE, ROUND, NOT TOO BIG, NOT TOO SMALL, NOT TOO ORANGE DOOR. SCIENCE: FORM AND FUNCTION (THE PROPERTIES OF A GOOD DOOR) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS BUILD A DOLLHOUSE OUT OF CARDBOARD AND EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT DOOR DESIGNS. “TRY MAKING A HOUSE THAT HAS THINGS THAT WORK LIKE A REAL HOUSE.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Disappearing Drink, The; Door Tour,” 03/09/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FEF909A5575E42CF897B354D6DAA9DF4.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Disappearing Drink, The; Door Tour.” 03/09/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FEF909A5575E42CF897B354D6DAA9DF4>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Disappearing Drink, The; Door Tour. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FEF909A5575E42CF897B354D6DAA9DF4