Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Kwame Anthony Appiah
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Kwame Anthony Appiah WGBH Master Show #3113
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Kwame Anthony Appiah
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Raised in Ghana and educated in England, Kwame Anthony Appiah is a scholar and philosopher whose interests include African American intellectual history and issues of personal and political identity, multiculturalism, and nationalism. He is the author of In My Father's House: Africa in the Philosophy of Culture, Cosmopolitanism: Ethics in a World of Strangers, Color Conscious: The Political Morality of Race, and The Ethics of Identity. Appiah talks about the meaning of race, the Obama effect, and the possibility of a colorblind society.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Kwame Anthony Appiah,” 05/05/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FED732E950F2463BAC0DC94B15AA819C.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Kwame Anthony Appiah.” 05/05/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FED732E950F2463BAC0DC94B15AA819C>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Kwame Anthony Appiah. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FED732E950F2463BAC0DC94B15AA819C