Ten O'Clock News; Greek dancers at State House
Greek dancers in traditional folk costumes do circle dances in Massachusetts State House rotunda to celebrate Greek independence day. Crowd of spectators. Greek music, and crowd sings Greek songs. Michael Dukakis, Kitty Dukakis, William Bulger, and Paul Tsongas join in. Buzzing sounds over audio at the end of video.
- Ten O'Clock News
Greek dancers at State House
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Greek Americans
- Bulger, William M.
- Tsongas, Paul
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Dukakis, Kitty
- Massachusetts State House (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Greek dancers at State House,” 03/15/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FEB7682DC2DB48B3A4A6B73CE0618C78.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Greek dancers at State House.” 03/15/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FEB7682DC2DB48B3A4A6B73CE0618C78>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Greek dancers at State House. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FEB7682DC2DB48B3A4A6B73CE0618C78