Arthur; So Long, Spanky; Buster’s New Friend
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- So Long, Spanky; Buster’s New Friend
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
So Long, Spanky: D.W.'s beloved bird gets very sick, and despite D.W.'s eager ministrations, (or maybe because of them) Spanky dies. But when a lonely frog decides to adopt D.W. , she faces her greatest test--can she risk giving her heart to another pet?
Buster's New Friend: All of a sudden, Buster doesn't have time for Arthur. And all he wants to talk about is a new friend named Mike. Mike can do this; Mike can do that. Is Arthur losing his best friend to a super cool, mini golfing, pro bowler?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; So Long, Spanky; Buster’s New Friend,” 12/04/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FE85CCA224254C32B7A3BF1AAC9A28FF.
- MLA: “Arthur; So Long, Spanky; Buster’s New Friend.” 12/04/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FE85CCA224254C32B7A3BF1AAC9A28FF>.
- APA: Arthur; So Long, Spanky; Buster’s New Friend. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FE85CCA224254C32B7A3BF1AAC9A28FF