Evening at Pops; Eubie Blake
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Eubie Blake
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The 90 year old pianist/composer wastes no time, immediately setting a fast pace with "Charleston Rag". To his wife, who sits in the Symphony Hall audience, he sings his "As Long As You Live You're Gonna Be My Baby" the launches into selections from Shuffle Along, including "I'm Just Wild About Harry." Finally it's his "Memories of You".
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Eubie Blake,” 05/25/1973, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FDAEF41EB72A45418198361B0ADF2ADD.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Eubie Blake.” 05/25/1973. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FDAEF41EB72A45418198361B0ADF2ADD>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Eubie Blake. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FDAEF41EB72A45418198361B0ADF2ADD