Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Among The Few
Foyle’s War, Series II Episode 2, Among the Few
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Foyle’s War, Series II: Among The Few
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
September 1940: When Foyle and Sam are shot at and almost run over by a speeding vehicle, they inadvertently uncover an illicit fuel racket. In an attempt to track down the culprits, Sam eagerly goes undercover at the local fuel depot run by Michael Bennett, using her mechanical training to pose as a newly recruited tanker driver. Making friends with another female driver, Connie, Sam is introduced to a whirl of dances, make-up and men. Sam is surprised when she discovers that one of the young men in Connie's little group is Foyle's son, Andrew. Alongside his best friend Rex, Andrew is now an active pilot and does regular scrambles over to Germany. Soon Sam thinks she's discovered the source of the petroleum thievery: Connie. But before anything can be done, Connie is discovered -- dead. As Foyle sets out to uncover the reasons for her demise, he must untangle not only a complex crime network of racketeering and illicit fuel trading, but also an intricate interpersonal network of sexual indiscretion, illegitimate pregnancy and homosexuality. There are even some suggestions that Andrew himself may be involved in Connie's murder. Of course, Foyle trusts that his son is innocent -- but how can he help him if Andrew refuses to tell the truth?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Among The Few,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FDAD4AA20D544837B28B9803019C2679.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Among The Few.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FDAD4AA20D544837B28B9803019C2679>.
- APA: Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Among The Few. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FDAD4AA20D544837B28B9803019C2679