Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Rice Pilaf
Simply Ming Ep 1007 Ellie Krieger - Rice Pilaf SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Rice Pilaf
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Rice Pilaf with Guest Chef Ellie Krieger
Cooking on the fly with Ming in this week’s episode of Simply Ming is Chef Ellie Krieger. Ellie, hailed as an expert on all things healthy, teams up with Ming showing how Rice Pilaf, along with some surprise ingredients and special spices from Ming’s pantry are brought together to create: Toasted Garlic Quinoa and Coriander Crusted Chicken and Spicy Shrimp over Preserved Lemon Pilaf.
Recipes Spicy Shrimp Over Preserved Lemon Pilaf Ellie Krieger's Toasted Garlic Quinoa with Coriander-Crusted Chicken
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Rice Pilaf,” 10/04/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FD693A61AC0C4A4CA14B1A9A0DE33B1F.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Rice Pilaf.” 10/04/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FD693A61AC0C4A4CA14B1A9A0DE33B1F>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Rice Pilaf. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FD693A61AC0C4A4CA14B1A9A0DE33B1F