Ten O'Clock News; Silver Shield rape
Christy George reports on the outcome of the US Attorney's Silver Shield rape investigation. George notes that a grand jury determined that there was no case to be made against the officers involved. Frank McGee (attorney for William Dunn) and Peter Dowd (attorney for Juan Garcia) speak to the media about the grand jury's findings. Interview with Sadiki Kambon (Boston Black Coalition) about the reaction of the African American community to the findings of the grand jury. The African American community is still pushing for indictments in the case. George reviews the facts of the case and talks about the officers involved. George's report includes photographs of Lucia Kai (Roxbury resident), William Dunn (Boston Police Department), and William Kennefick (Boston Police Department). George's report includes footage of Jose Garcia (Boston Police Department) and Richard Armstead (Boston Police Department) and footage of a press conference with Francis "Mickey" Roache (Commissioner, Boston Police Department), Albert Sweeney (Boston Police Department), Arthur Morgan (Boston Police Department), and Don Muhammad (Roxbury community leader). Following the edited story is additional footage of Dowd and Garcia speaking to the media.
- Ten O'Clock News
Silver Shield rape
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Criminal investigation
- African Americans -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Silver Shield rape,” 03/24/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FCEBB96B176A4B44881DFB4B6490CB85.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Silver Shield rape.” 03/24/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FCEBB96B176A4B44881DFB4B6490CB85>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Silver Shield rape. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FCEBB96B176A4B44881DFB4B6490CB85