FRONTLINE Special Report; Beirut: The Last Home Movie
( WITH FRENCH SUBTITLES)
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- FRONTLINE Special Report
- Beirut: The Last Home Movie
- Series Description
Since January 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's - PBS - flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 23 years is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. Series release date: 1/1983
- Program Description
This documentary chronicles the life of one family whose home in Beirut is bombed, taking viewers beyond the facts and statistics of nightly news reports and into one family's experience of war -- ordering events with their logic, feelings and perceptions. Gaby Bustros left her home in Beirut to work and study abroad. When Gaby learned in 1981 that her family had been bombed, she returned home to the vents chronicled in this film.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Public Affairs
- Fanning, David (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Beirut: The Last Home Movie,” 07/31/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 27, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FCBC636B715B486E90361ACEF4CDB5A8.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Beirut: The Last Home Movie.” 07/31/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 27, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FCBC636B715B486E90361ACEF4CDB5A8>.
- APA: FRONTLINE Special Report; Beirut: The Last Home Movie. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FCBC636B715B486E90361ACEF4CDB5A8