Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Authentic Singapore Cuisine
Simply Ming Singapore: Damian D’Silva Authentic Singapore Cuisine
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Authentic Singapore Cuisine
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
916: DAMIAN D'SILVA & AUTHENTIC SINGAPORE CUISINE LOCATION: Singapore
This episode of SIMPLY MING is simply like no other. Ming is granted privileged access to the home kitchen of Singapore Chef Damian D’Silva. Damian is a fixture on the Singapore culinary scene, where he is bringing back centuries old culinary traditions. Using surprise ingredients from a local open market, Ming and Damian cook up some traditional ethnic cuisine – on the fly – in Damian’s home kitchen.
Recipes: Pork Belly a la Big D Damian D'Silva's Opor Ayam (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Authentic Singapore Cuisine,” 12/06/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC8E0637E698454787C709C5556AAF66.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Authentic Singapore Cuisine.” 12/06/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC8E0637E698454787C709C5556AAF66>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Authentic Singapore Cuisine. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC8E0637E698454787C709C5556AAF66