America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2009: Two Hour Special
WGBH HD Master, Captioned 155/ 24PsF, 124/ 60i
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- America’s Ballroom Challenge
- America’s Ballroom Challenge 2009: Two Hour Special
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 2006
Over the course of five weeks, top ballroom dancers compete at the world's largest ballroom dancing competition, in Columbus, Ohio. the series takes viewers onto the dance floor and behind the scenes as 24 couples compete for the ultimate dance title. Series release date: 2006
- Program Description
Every year thousands of dancers come to Columbus, Ohio, to compete in the world's biggest ballroom dancing competition. They represent many age groups and dance styles. They come for one reason -- to see if they have what it takes to be the very best. For those who win their divisions -- the grand finale will be their last test. Facing off against the other division champions in a winner-take-all battle for the ultimate title of "America's Best Ballroom Couple." The program is hosted by Jean Louisa Kelly.
Shot in High Definition at the world's grandest ballroom dancing competition in Columbus, Ohio, the critically acclaimed show will air this year as a two-hour primetime broadcast event. America's Ballroom Challenge once again features 24 world-class couples competing across dance styles in pursuit of the title "America's Best."
All four major dance styles are featured during the broadcast — American Smooth, American Rhythm, International Standard, and International Latin — with the focal point being the "show dances," in which each couple has the dance floor to themselves. After competing in front of a live audience and an international panel of judges, one couple will walk away with the crown.
Actress, singer, and dancer Jean Lousia Kelly joins America's Ballroom Challenge as host this season. Seven-time U.S. National Latin Dance Champion Ron Montez returns to join Ms. Kelly as co-host.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Event Coverage
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2009: Two Hour Special,” 02/25/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC5075A4E64847DABF16BC12E1626677.
- MLA: “America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2009: Two Hour Special.” 02/25/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC5075A4E64847DABF16BC12E1626677>.
- APA: America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2009: Two Hour Special. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC5075A4E64847DABF16BC12E1626677