Maggie's Physical Fatness Program; HABIT FORMING
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maggie's Physical Fatness Program
- HABIT FORMING
- Program Number
- Series Description
Exercise program hosted by Maggie Lettvin (taught physical education at MIT)
Broadcast Mondays beginning April 1, 1974 for 13 weeks
Maggie shows people who are overweight how to lose all the extra poundage they want. What’s involved is special exercise that can be done by people too heavy for other kinds, diets tailored to personal needs and a lot of common sense. A dozen people slim down and the weeks go by.
See Prime Time program guide, April 1974 for cover story.
Series release date: 1/4/1974
- Program Description
In the second week, Maggie shows how to get used to easy activity and how to handle the discomfort that’s become associated with them so that they can actually be pleasant for the first time. And how to give up the food that’s not necessary so that the rest can be enjoyed.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Cook, Peter (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maggie's Physical Fatness Program; HABIT FORMING,” 04/05/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC04B34EA9044E27AFB2CA1CD5BE516F.
- MLA: “Maggie's Physical Fatness Program; HABIT FORMING.” 04/05/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC04B34EA9044E27AFB2CA1CD5BE516F>.
- APA: Maggie's Physical Fatness Program; HABIT FORMING. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC04B34EA9044E27AFB2CA1CD5BE516F