La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico
El largo viaje de rustico
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- El Largo Viaje De Rustico
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
From the Canary Islands to Cuba there was a steady migratory flow. For centuries, the culture of the Canary Islands was assimilated into the habits and customs of the Cuban people, becoming part and parcel of its idiosyncrasy. This documentary film is the picture of a man carrying two islands in his heart.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FBDC24371B5340E78267AD5308DE0374.
- MLA: “La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FBDC24371B5340E78267AD5308DE0374>.
- APA: La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FBDC24371B5340E78267AD5308DE0374