Arthur; Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny; Pet Projects
WGBH Master Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny, 176A Pet Projects, 176B
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny; Pet Projects
- Program Number
1405; 176A; 176B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny, 176A When the local comic book store changes ownership, the new darker and scarier comics are right up Fern’s alley. But Arthur can’t seem to stomach them and now he’s worried. Is it wrong to be afraid? Maybe his friends will be more supportive than he realizes.
Educational Objective: Arthur, Fern, and Buster learn that fear is a subjective matter and that it’s okay to be afraid when your friends are not.
Pet Projects, 176B Arthur and Francine enter their pets to compete against each other in the “Perfect Pet” video contest. Pal is SO cute and Nemo knows so many tricks! Who will win? But after jumping through hoops – literally – Nemo and Pal decide that enough is enough. Can’t their owners love them for who they are?
Educational Objective: Arthur and Francine learn it’s better to love their pets for who they are and not what other people want them to be.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny; Pet Projects,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FB87218C5C6F415EBF0EEB7911DF76E5.
- MLA: “Arthur; Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny; Pet Projects.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FB87218C5C6F415EBF0EEB7911DF76E5>.
- APA: Arthur; Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny; Pet Projects. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FB87218C5C6F415EBF0EEB7911DF76E5