Arthur; Francine Redecorates; Arthur The Loser
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Francine Redecorates; Arthur The Loser
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Francine Redecorates: Francine likes bats and lizards, while Catherine's taste runs to lace. Normally, it's fun to be different, but not if you're two sisters sharing the same room. Space gets very tight at the Frensky's, when this odd couple decides they've had enough togetherness.
Arthur the Loser: There's only one thing in life Arthur really wants--and that's to say "I win!" like the kids he sees on TV. But whether he's playing basketball or a brand-new board game, Arthur just can't stop losing. Is it really so wrong to... cheat a little?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Francine Redecorates; Arthur The Loser,” 02/20/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FB4D68E366FB40FF95AB0CC189187780.
- MLA: “Arthur; Francine Redecorates; Arthur The Loser.” 02/20/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FB4D68E366FB40FF95AB0CC189187780>.
- APA: Arthur; Francine Redecorates; Arthur The Loser. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FB4D68E366FB40FF95AB0CC189187780