Say Brother; Conversation with the Next Generation, A
Part of Say Brother.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Say Brother
- Conversation with the Next Generation, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Say Brother is WGBH's longest running public affairs television program by, for and about African Americans, and is now known as Basic Black. Since its inception in 1968, Say Brother has featured the voices of both locally and nationally known African American artists, athletes, performers, politicians, professionals, and writers including: Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Thomas Atkins, Amiri Baraka, Doris Bunte, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Louis Farrakhan, Nikki Giovanni, Odetta Gordon, Henry Hampton, Benjamin Hooks, Jesse Jackson, Hubie Jones, Mel King, Eartha Kitt, Elma Lewis, Haki Madhubuti, Wallace D. Muhammad, Charles Ogletree, Babatunde Olatunji, Byron Rushing, Owusu Sadaukai, and Sonia Sanchez. Series release date: 7/15/1968
- Program Description
Program focuses on the opinions of teenagers in Boston regarding drugs, school, parents, dating, morality, sex, and other concerns via group discussion with 19 teenagers led by Barbara Barrow-Murray. Format consists of the airing of scenarios performed by the Youth Expression Theatre of Boston, followed by the group's reaction. Includes 20 minutes of viewer calls.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- African American teenagers--Attitudes
- Youth Expression Theatre (Boston, Mass.)
- African American students--Attitudes
- Race and Ethnicity
- Clarke, Brian (Director)
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Producer)
- Barbara Barrow-Murray (Producer)
- Deare, Beth (Associate Producer)
- Mahard, Fran (Scenic Design)
- Rivera, George (Post Production Supervisor)
- Fairweather, Bill (Video)
- Coleman, Vern (Audio)
- Sullivan, John L. (Lighting Director)
- Beres, Marc (Intern)
- Koppel, Tiit (Lighting Assistant)
- Hill, Rebecca (Fashion Consultant)
- Mackles, Gene (Graphic Designer)
- Lewis, Webster (Theme Music)
- Fong, Diana (Intern)
- Wong, Evelyn (Production Assistant)
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Host)
- McKenna, Jim (Lighting Assistant)
- Chicago: “Say Brother; Conversation with the Next Generation, A,” 05/18/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FABE4E4C3CFF47F5BE91C03E5FC7F254.
- MLA: “Say Brother; Conversation with the Next Generation, A.” 05/18/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FABE4E4C3CFF47F5BE91C03E5FC7F254>.
- APA: Say Brother; Conversation with the Next Generation, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FABE4E4C3CFF47F5BE91C03E5FC7F254