War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Military Demarcation Line
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Shots of UN Command solider, with close ups on uniforms. Imjingak fields, near military demarcation line. Specialist Warden leads tour of Korean War veterans and their families at Camp Kitty Hawk on the military demarcation line. Interviews with veterans and Specialist Warden.
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Korean Military Demarcation Line
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nuclear warfare
- South Korea
- International relations
- North Korea
- United States
- Nuclear weapons
- Conventional warfare
- Korean war
- Demarcation Line
- Global Affairs
- War and Conflict
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Military Demarcation Line,” 06/11/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA9151F389524D4F92060C880C555549.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Military Demarcation Line.” 06/11/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA9151F389524D4F92060C880C555549>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Military Demarcation Line. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA9151F389524D4F92060C880C555549