Compass Weekly, The; Phil Esposito On Being Traded To The New York Rangers
Part of From the Vault.
In this short excerpt from an in-depth profile on his life and career, legendary hockey star Phil Esposito reflects on the decision to trade him from the Boston Bruins to the New York Rangers in 1975. Profile of Ice Hockey star Phil Esposito. Majority of program is told through recollections from Espositos father Pat, as well as through hockey footage, stills, and news stories.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Compass Weekly, The
Phil Esposito On Being Traded To The New York Rangers
- Series Description
Part of new plan of news programs and specials that premiered January 1974.
“The Compass Weekly” aired each Tuesday for a minimum of one hour. It was devoted to a single news topic covered in depth, with commentary and review of coverage elsewhere.
See Prime Time January 1974 for story in “Letter From The President.” Series release date: 1/22/1974
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Professional athletes
- Boston Bruins (Hockey team)
- Esposito, Phil, 1942-
- New York Rangers (Hockey team)
- News Report
- Stewart, Charles C. (Director)
- Esposito, Phil (Interviewee)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Compass Weekly, The; Phil Esposito On Being Traded To The New York Rangers,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 29, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA3228FCE3BE46B6AD555B047885D819.
- MLA: “Compass Weekly, The; Phil Esposito On Being Traded To The New York Rangers.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 29, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA3228FCE3BE46B6AD555B047885D819>.
- APA: Compass Weekly, The; Phil Esposito On Being Traded To The New York Rangers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA3228FCE3BE46B6AD555B047885D819