Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: Final Curtain
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: Final Curtain
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Chief inspector Roderick Alleyn, played by Patrick Malahide, returns from an overseas trip to find Agatha Troy with a strange story to tell him. A commission to paint a birthday portrait of Sir Henry Ancred takes her to his ancestral home where she meets the many members of his family, as well as his young girlfriend Sonia Orrincourt. At his birthday dinner Sir Henry announces that Sonia has agreed to be his wife. The stunned family reacts angrily, and becomes even more enraged when a new will is read. Members of the Ancred family begin receiving anonymous letters hinting at foul play in the death of Sir Henry. As suspicion descends upon gold-digger Sonia Orrincourt, her room is searched and a can of rat poison is found. Alleyn demands a post mortem on Sir Henry's body.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: Final Curtain,” 04/20/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA09C9FBD94C4B30B326B6E1A0C2FA6C.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: Final Curtain.” 04/20/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA09C9FBD94C4B30B326B6E1A0C2FA6C>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: Final Curtain. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FA09C9FBD94C4B30B326B6E1A0C2FA6C