From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Youth Philharmonic Orchestra
From the Top At Carnegie Hall Episode 107
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- From the Top at Carnegie Hall
- Youth Philharmonic Orchestra
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 2007
WGBH, From the Top, and Don Mischer Productions Team Up to Make Young Talent Seen as Well as Heard in From the Top: Live from Carnegie Hall. WGBH Boston in collaboration with National Public Radio’s From the Top and Carnegie Hall brings the popular music variety program to PBS member stations. Like the radio series, the television series will showcase the top-notch musicianship, offbeat humor, and original insights of America’s best young classical musicians.
This engaging series of 13 half-hour programs celebrates young classical musicians whose passion and talent for music is exceptional. A co-production of WGBH and From the Top, the series’ mission is to encourage, support and celebrate the commitment of young people to music and the arts. The series is filmed at Carnegie Hall, where the young musicians and guest artists will perform together before a live audience and television cameras.
Just like on radio, the television show will be hosted by Christopher O’Riley and feature outstanding musical performances as well as interviews with talented young musicians, along with games, special guests and more! Series release date: 2007
- Program Description
The stage is packed full of teenagers as From the Top: Live from Carnegie Hall welcomes New England Conservatory's Youth Philharmonic Orchestra with passionate conductor Benjamin Zander. After a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the making of the music, the audience is treated to a performance of Beethoven's Coriolan Overture as well as a movement from the Bach solo cello suites by principal cellist Sebastian Baeverstam. Host Christopher O'Riley joins Sebastian, violinist Yun-Chie Wang, and the Orchestra to perform the finale of Beethoven's beloved "Triple Concerto"—but not before a suspense-filled game of "Musical Jeopardy." Featured Music New England Conservatory Youth Philharmonic Orchestra, Benjamin Zander, conductor Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op.62, by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
Sebastian Bäverstam, cello Sarabande from the Suite No.1 in G Major for Unaccompanied Cello, BWV 1007 by J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Rita Wang, violin, Sebastian Bäverstam, cello, and Christopher O'Riley, piano, with the New England Conservatory Youth Philharmonic Orchestra, Benjamin Zander, conductor III. Rondo alla polacca from the Triple Concerto in C Major, Op.56, by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827).
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Youth Philharmonic Orchestra,” 05/19/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9FE833741204DB0BE1D8BCAF0EBE8FD.
- MLA: “From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Youth Philharmonic Orchestra.” 05/19/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9FE833741204DB0BE1D8BCAF0EBE8FD>.
- APA: From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Youth Philharmonic Orchestra. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9FE833741204DB0BE1D8BCAF0EBE8FD