Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves and Shallots
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Thai Lime Leaves and Shallots
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Repack of Program 517 with new guest chef segment.
Guest Chef: Skip Bennett and Shore Gregory In this episode, Ming’s menu consists of the East-West duo Thai lime leaves and shallots. In the kitchen, Ming prepares an “All-In-One” Thai Seafood Soup. In addition to the soup, Ming makes flavorful Lime Leaf Shrimp Satays. Forget the traditional buffalo chicken wings – Ming puts his spin on the tasty favorite when he makes Crispy Chicken Wings with Lime Leaf Shallot Chile Sauce. Finally, Ming makes a trip down to Duxbury, Ma to visit Island Creek Oysters’ Skip Bennett and Shore Gregory who will preparing….you guessed it, oysters with their Oysters with a Soy-Thai Lime Mignonette.
Recipes Lime Leaf Shrimp Satays Oysters with a Soy-Thai Lime Mignonette Crispy Chicken Wings with Lime Leaf-Shallot Chile Sauce Thai Seafood Soup
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves and Shallots,” 09/15/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9FCD7A98EE7409FB793C5B51382EF4C.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves and Shallots.” 09/15/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9FCD7A98EE7409FB793C5B51382EF4C>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves and Shallots. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9FCD7A98EE7409FB793C5B51382EF4C