Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence
Boston Police Department press conference with Police Commissioner Robert DiGrazia, Superintendent Joseph Jordan, Deputy Superintendent Lawrence Quinlan, Captain Morris Allen, and Captain Fred Conley. Steve Dunleavy (spokesperson for DiGrazia) is the moderator. The speakers are seated at a table featuring an array of street weapons used against police in a riot in South Boston on the previous day. Press conference includes police department videotapes of a riot in South Boston on the previous day and of an unruly crowd at a Citywide Coordinating Council (CCC) meeting at English High School. DiGrazia announces that violence and disruptions of public order will no longer be tolerated by police.
- Ten O'Clock News
DiGrazia on mob violence
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- Jordan, Joseph M.
- Press conferences
- DiGrazia, Robert J.
- Busing for school integration
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Jordan, Joseph M. (Speaker)
- DiGrazia, Robert J. (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence,” 02/16/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9BC47EBBF6F40AA92C1880300650E43.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence.” 02/16/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9BC47EBBF6F40AA92C1880300650E43>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9BC47EBBF6F40AA92C1880300650E43