Arthur; Binky Barnes, Art Expert; Arthur’s Lucky Pencil
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Binky Barnes, Art Expert; Arthur’s Lucky Pencil
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Binky Barnes, Art Expert: It's a nightmare come true--Arthur and Buster have to work with Binky. On an art project, which they're sure will be a disaster! I mean, what does a bully like Binky know about art? A lot more than they do, as it turns out.
Arthur's Lucky Pencil: Arthur discovers the secret to success--a pencil that brings good luck to whoever possesses it. Trouble is, pencils have a bad habit of getting shorter each time they're sharpened. Pretty soon, Arthur's entire future rests on a small stub of lead.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Binky Barnes, Art Expert; Arthur’s Lucky Pencil,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9AAE56E8B19447E9413E4F59B071DF0.
- MLA: “Arthur; Binky Barnes, Art Expert; Arthur’s Lucky Pencil.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9AAE56E8B19447E9413E4F59B071DF0>.
- APA: Arthur; Binky Barnes, Art Expert; Arthur’s Lucky Pencil. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9AAE56E8B19447E9413E4F59B071DF0