Evening at Pops; Charlie Byrd
Dubbed from 2" master (A2-04315). Original date 7/14/72
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Charlie Byrd
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
In studio performance by Charlie Byrd
Directed by William Cosel.
Series description from press release of the time: "Jazz is a live half-hour weekly program featuring musical jazz stars of local, national and international fame. Host for the series is Herb Pomeroy, a Boston resident, who is an outstanding jazz musician, composer, and teacher. Jazz is a performance show with little talk and an emphasis on good jazz for your musical enjoyment." First program in the series aired on Friday, January 8, 1965.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Charlie Byrd,” 07/14/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F98D94DF8FC84C7FB2EAAA6BB6E0570C.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Charlie Byrd.” 07/14/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F98D94DF8FC84C7FB2EAAA6BB6E0570C>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Charlie Byrd. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F98D94DF8FC84C7FB2EAAA6BB6E0570C