Ten O'Clock News; Jackson's Boston support
Marcus Jones reports that Jesse Jackson beat George Bush in a phone poll conducted by a local radio station. Interviews with City Councilor Bruce Bolling and State Rep. Gloria Fox about their support for Jesse Jackson's presidential campaign. Fox says that Jackson's campaign staff is working hard for a Jackson victory. Bolling says that diverse constituencies can find common ground in Jackson's candidacy. Jackson at a campaign rally.
- Ten O'Clock News
Jackson's Boston support
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Political campaigns
- Bush, George, 1924-
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941-
- Fox, Gloria, 1942-
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1988
- African American politicians
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012 (Interviewee)
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Fox, Gloria, 1942- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Jackson's Boston support,” 03/29/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F97A219D4CAB4A60969FC6C87F4D65B5.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Jackson's Boston support.” 03/29/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F97A219D4CAB4A60969FC6C87F4D65B5>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Jackson's Boston support. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F97A219D4CAB4A60969FC6C87F4D65B5