Eyes on the Prize; Ain't Scared of Your Jails (1960-1961)
DVS on Channel 2 Run Time : 58:26 # 29970
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Eyes on the Prize
- Ain't Scared of Your Jails (1960-1961)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 1987
Produced by Blackside, Eyes on the Prize tells the definitive story of the civil rights era from the point of view of the ordinary men and women whose extraordinary actions launched a movement that changed the fabric of American life, and embodied a struggle whose reverberations continue to be felt today.
Through contemporary interviews and historical footage, Eyes on the Prize traces the civil rights movement from the Montgomery bus boycott to the Voting Rights Act; from early acts of individual courage through the flowering of a mass movement and its eventual split into factions. Julian Bond, political leader and civil rights activist, narrates. Series release date: 1987
- Program Description
Broadcast in 1987
Black college students take a leadership role in the civil rights movement as lunch counter sit-ins spread across the South. "Freedom Riders" also try to desegregate interstate buses, but they are brutally attacked as they travel.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Race and Ethnicity
- Social Issues
- Hampton, Henry (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Eyes on the Prize; Ain't Scared of Your Jails (1960-1961),” 10/01/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9239664779E408C80168ECC022DD87D.
- MLA: “Eyes on the Prize; Ain't Scared of Your Jails (1960-1961).” 10/01/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9239664779E408C80168ECC022DD87D>.
- APA: Eyes on the Prize; Ain't Scared of Your Jails (1960-1961). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F9239664779E408C80168ECC022DD87D