Evening at Symphony; LEINSDORF Conducting: BACH; BRAHMS
Bach: Wedding Cantata
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Symphony
- LEINSDORF Conducting: BACH; BRAHMS
- Program Number
- Series Description
Boston Symphony Orchestra performances, Seiji Ozawa conducting - debuted nationally October 1, 1974. Series release date: 10/1/1974
- Program Description
Erich Leinsdorf conducting: Bach: Wedding Cantata no. 202; Brahms: A German Requiem. Soloists: Saramae Endich, soprano; David Clatworthy, bass. Features: New England Conservatory Chorus, directed by Lorna Cooke Davaron. William Pierce introduces the concert as the first-ever telebroadcast from Symphony Hall (in Color). BSO principals are identified and briefly spotlighted by Pierce prior to the performance.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Chicago: “Evening at Symphony; LEINSDORF Conducting: BACH; BRAHMS,” 06/14/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 5, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F81DA731B69647B2AAEA897D195F17CE.
- MLA: “Evening at Symphony; LEINSDORF Conducting: BACH; BRAHMS.” 06/14/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 5, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F81DA731B69647B2AAEA897D195F17CE>.
- APA: Evening at Symphony; LEINSDORF Conducting: BACH; BRAHMS. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F81DA731B69647B2AAEA897D195F17CE