La Plaza; OF HEART and SOUL: Puerto Ricans Growing Old in the US
On the label show number 1202 is crossed out and 1203 is written in. The title, "Of Heart and Soul: Puerto Ricans Aging in the U.S.A." is crossed out.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- OF HEART and SOUL: Puerto Ricans Growing Old in the US
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
The story of a group of Puerto Ricans who arrived in the U.S. in the migratory waves of the early 1900’s, and their experiences of aging away from their country, in a strange land with few friends.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; OF HEART and SOUL: Puerto Ricans Growing Old in the US,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F7A27BB0CC65467AA70DC51F6C923707.
- MLA: “La Plaza; OF HEART and SOUL: Puerto Ricans Growing Old in the US.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F7A27BB0CC65467AA70DC51F6C923707>.
- APA: La Plaza; OF HEART and SOUL: Puerto Ricans Growing Old in the US. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F7A27BB0CC65467AA70DC51F6C923707