Antiques Roadshow; Des Moines, IA
Hour 2 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Des Moines, IA
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
415: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel opens the Des Moines show from the magnificent Iowa State capitol building, patterned after the national Capitol and constructed with twenty-nine different varieties of marble. At the Polk County Convention Center, ROADSHOW experts encounter a wide variety of antiques and collectibles including a startlingly realistic Black Forest carving of a dog, a propeller from one of Charles Lindbergh's biplanes and a moving letter written by Mark Twain, appraised at between $8,000 and $10,000.
416: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel welcomes viewers back to Des Moines from Salisbury House, the dream house built by cold-cream mogul Carl Weeks in the 1920's and fashioned after an English mansion. ROADSHOW appraisers are delighted with the assortment of objects brought to the Polk County Convention Center, including a vintage Wurlitzer jukebox, a lovely Tiffany vase and a unique Chinese box and horn valued at between $17,000 and $19,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Des Moines, IA,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F777A7B2E6CC44CC98DFE9662B1C6B69.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Des Moines, IA.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F777A7B2E6CC44CC98DFE9662B1C6B69>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Des Moines, IA. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F777A7B2E6CC44CC98DFE9662B1C6B69