Ten O'Clock News; Kerry on Persian Gulf
Democratic Senator John Kerry urges caution in pressing Saddam Hussein and sending troops to the Persian Gulf. Mention of Bill Bradley article in New York Times calling on suspense of further military support. Discussing unclear objectives of President George Bush, and future lack of support from American public and allies in Gulf. Kerry disagrees with declaring war on Iraq to liberate Kuwait.
- Ten O'Clock News
Kerry on Persian Gulf
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Hussein, Saddam, 1937-2006
- Kerry, John, 1943-
- Bush, George, 1924-
- Persian Gulf War, 1991
- News Report
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Kerry, John, 1943- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Kerry on Persian Gulf,” 11/15/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F74DD9690FFB436C86273C33AE9C4C2F.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Kerry on Persian Gulf.” 11/15/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F74DD9690FFB436C86273C33AE9C4C2F>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Kerry on Persian Gulf. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F74DD9690FFB436C86273C33AE9C4C2F