Martha Speaks; Escape from Flea Island; No Dogs Allowed
MSPE 114 (HD) 3473
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Escape from Flea Island; No Dogs Allowed
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Escape from Flea Island Carolina is determined to outdo Tiffany Blatsky on the science project. She organizes an expedition with TD, Truman, and Martha to gather "exotic" plants. When the canoe capsizes, a storm blows up, and the sun starts to go down, they worry they may never get off Flea Island.
Vocabulary: (E) cooperate, consensus, government, law, supervise
(I) agree, lead, in charge, rule, team
No Dogs Allowed Tiffany wants to make Helen's treehouse into a girls' clubhouse. But who should be president? When the girls hold an election (Carolina vs. Tiffany, of course), both candidates aggressively court Helen's vote.
Vocabulary: (E) campaign, debate, elect, influence, issue
(I) choose, decide, lose, vote, win, club
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Escape from Flea Island; No Dogs Allowed,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F62BFB0229C34F618B6CBA02C38ED976.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Escape from Flea Island; No Dogs Allowed.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F62BFB0229C34F618B6CBA02C38ED976>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Escape from Flea Island; No Dogs Allowed. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F62BFB0229C34F618B6CBA02C38ED976