Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Helen Zia
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Helen Zia WGBH Master Show #3111
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Helen Zia
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Helen Zia is a journalist and civil rights activist focused on the rights of women, the LGBT community, and Asian Americans. She was involved in the fight to have the 1982 murder of Vincent Chin recognized as a hate crime, and in the effort to allow Asian American actors to audition for Asian roles in the musical Miss Saigon. In 2008, she carried the Olympic torch during its relay in San Francisco. Her book Asian American Dreams: The Emergence of an American People has been quoted by President Bill Clinton. Zia talks about being caught between two worlds, finding her voice, and what it means to be American.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Helen Zia,” 04/21/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F60BF9AE392643CCB39BED156C54181A.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Helen Zia.” 04/21/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F60BF9AE392643CCB39BED156C54181A>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Helen Zia. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F60BF9AE392643CCB39BED156C54181A