Commanding Heights: The Battle For The World Economy; New Rules Of The Game, The (2003)
Rebroadcast Version: Episode 6 , NOLA : COHE 106 K1 ; DVS mono mix on ch. 3
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Commanding Heights: The Battle For The World Economy
- New Rules Of The Game, The (2003)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Filmed over the course of two years on five continents, COMMANDING HEIGHTS: THE BATTLE FOR THE WORLD ECONOMY is the first in-depth documentary that tells the inside story of our new global economy and what it means for individuals around the world. Narrated by David Ogden Stiers, explores the new reality, new rules, and new winners and losers in the battle between government and the marketplace; the great debate over globalization; and the powerful force shaping our future society and economy. Based on the best-selling book The Commanding Heights: The Battle for the World Economy, co-authored by Pulitzer Prize-winner Daniel Yergin and Joseph Stanislaw.
The series is built around extraordinary interviews with world leaders and thinkers from twenty different countries—including former President Bill Clinton, Vice President Dick Cheney, former USSR President Mikhail Gorbachev, Mexican President Vicente Fox, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, Singapore’s Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew, former Secretary of the Treasury Robert Rubin, and President George W. Bush’s Economic Advisor Lawrence Lindsey. Series release date: 4/2002
- Program Description
This final episode addresses the critical questions for the future, including the great test of bringing the world's poor into the era of global growth. Fear and uncertainty created by war and terrorism have undermined confidence in globalization. This program cuts through the rhetoric to portray what globalization really is and what it will mean for the twenty-first century.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Global Affairs
- Sullivan, Michael (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Commanding Heights: The Battle For The World Economy; New Rules Of The Game, The (2003),” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F5715FA90B8D4936B6CC488917E3443C.
- MLA: “Commanding Heights: The Battle For The World Economy; New Rules Of The Game, The (2003).” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F5715FA90B8D4936B6CC488917E3443C>.
- APA: Commanding Heights: The Battle For The World Economy; New Rules Of The Game, The (2003). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F5715FA90B8D4936B6CC488917E3443C