Arthur; D.W. Goes To Washington; Arthur’s Mystery Envelope
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. Goes To Washington; Arthur’s Mystery Envelope
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W. Goes to Washington: D.W.'s on her way to Washington. (Someone should have called ahead and warned the government). She's bored, bored, BORED by it all until she gets lost during a tour of the White House. A kind employee reunites her with her family and invites them all in for pizza. (Come to think of it, the guy sure has a nice office. And doesn't he look a little... familiar?)
Arthur's Mystery Envelope: When Mr. Haney gives Arthur a sealed envelope to bring home to Mom, Arthur fears the worst. (His friends are only too eager to help him imagine what "the worst" might be.) Is Arthur being sentenced to summer school? Does he HAVE to give the envelope to Mom, or could he just sort of... misplace it? The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Goes To Washington; Arthur’s Mystery Envelope,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F484651400D54C9CA02CDA5CF8EEC15F.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Goes To Washington; Arthur’s Mystery Envelope.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F484651400D54C9CA02CDA5CF8EEC15F>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Goes To Washington; Arthur’s Mystery Envelope. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F484651400D54C9CA02CDA5CF8EEC15F